Suburban is the original SUV. It was introduced in 1935 and is the oldest, continuously
produced vehicle nameplate in the industry.
My Suburban Seats 8 passengers including the driver
Black on Black with Leather interior:
My particular model is a 4 Wheel Drive powered by a 5.3L V-8 VVT DI with Active Fuel Management (L83) mated to a GM 6L80 transmission. Together these allow Suburban to produce 355 HP with 383 Ft/lbs of Torque.
My personal upgrades include:
Pedal Commander – This is a throttle response controller. Basically what it does is allows you to remove throttle body response delays on your electronic accelerator pedal. Effectively, it allows your engine to respond faster so your car can accelerate faster! It also has the reverse effect in ECO-Mode.
Eco-Mode allows you to save a lot on gas. I can get 18 l/100km driving in ECO-Mode where normally I would be getting 22 l/100 km in the city. Unbelievably, I have had it as low as 11 l/100 km on the hwy.
I got my tires at Superior Tire and Auto! Very knowledgeable – best deal in town guaranteed.
Superior Tire & Auto has 11 locations throughout Ontario to keep your vehicle reliable. They offer a huge selection of brand name and private label tires all covered by a Superior Price Guarantee.
Warranty approved vehicle maintenance and repair is also available!
Superior Tire & Auto
Manager: Rob Brancatella
2325 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M6M 4A1
Monday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
– These are amazing off road tires that give a mean look to the Suburban! Additional benefits are that they are Severe Snow Rated and carry a Standard Limited Warranty of 6 years. Being a 10 ply tire, its extremely tough and with the added bonus of log tread-life and amazing mud and snow traction make them a great truck tire.
Note: They are louder than a standard tire…about twice as loud so keep that in mind before you buy.
I got my Leveling Kit installed at Birchmount Spring here in Scarborough Ontario.
These guys are rock solid – Quality Performance suspension work. They know what they are doing and are reasonably priced.
They did my truck in about an hour – Just Awesome.
Run up to a 32-inch tire while leveling the front of your vehicle with the rear, using Rough Country’s 2-inch Leveling Suspension Kit for Chevy / GMC 1500’s .
This set of lower front strut mount extensions immediately offers increased ground clearance without the hassle of a long and drawn out installation process.
Soon to Come:
Click here for a full PDF with specs:
ASSEMBLY LOCATION: Arlington, Texas
VEHICLE CLASS: Sport-Utility Vehicle
NEW FOR 2017
- Standard Teen Driver feature. It encourages safe driving habits with teenagers, enabling parents to view the vehicle’s maximum speed, distance driven and the number of times active safety features were engaged during a drive
- Premier trim replaces LTZ
- Perforated, leather-trimmed heated and vented driver and passenger seats are standard on Premier
- Available rear seat entertainment system upgrades that include HDMI/MHL connector, additional USB port, digital headphones and device projection; new video voiceover feature benefits visually and hearing impaired
- Chevrolet MyLink adds in-vehicle shopping apps
- Available Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- Front active aero shutters enhance aerodynamics on the highway
- New 22-inch wheel design available on Premier
- Exterior colours: Blue Velvet Metallic and Pepperdust Metallic
- Offered in LS, LT and Premier models, in 2WD and 4WD configurations.
- A standard 5.3L V-8 engine with direct injection and Active Fuel Management provides 355 horsepower and segment-leading fuel efficiency: 10.4 L/100km highway
- 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot (includes three-month/3G data trial)
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo convenience – including an available power-folding feature
- Available hands-free power liftgate
- Available eight-inch colour touchscreen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity
- Up to seven USB ports and six power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds (up to 13 charging locations)
- Available driver information centre on Premier with 8-inch-diagonal configurable, colour display; package also includes head-up display
- Conversation mirror in the overhead console that provides a panoramic view of the rear seats
- Keyless entry and push-button start are available
- Standard remote start
- Available wireless charging
- Standard front and side-impact air bags for driver and front passenger with front-centre air bag and head curtain side-impact air bags for all rows
- Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Driver Seat, IntelliBeam headlamps with automatic high-beam control, Lane Keep Assist and Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking are standard on LT and Premier. They are included on LS with the available Enhanced Driver Alert Package
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert are standard on Premier and available on LT
- Standard rear-vision camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatic Braking is available on Premier